Monday, September 28, 2009

Hearty Beef Stew


Sometimes you just need something warm in your belly. This is one of those dishes. EASY, delicious, and exactly what ya need when the weather is chilly. Or if you're feeling a little sick, this hits the spot!

Hearty Beef Stew

1lb of beef stew meat
3 russet potatoes, diced (leave on the skins for the vitamins)
2 large carrots (I don't peel my carrots when I'm making stew or soup), chopped
3 stalks of celery, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic
Steak seasoning
1/4 cup flour
S&P
1 pkg Lipton onion and mushroom soup mix
2 tbsp tomato paste (I like the the kind in the tube)
4 cups water

Put the stew meat in a big ziplock bag. Sprinkle it with steak seasoning, salt and pepper, and flour. Close the bag and then shake it until the meat is coated. Heat a soup pot with some vegetable oil. Pour the stew meat in and cook until browned- about 5-6 minutes.
Add the veggies. Salt and pepper. Squirt the tomato paste and sprinkle the Lipton soup mix. Pour the water on top and stir it all together. If you like a beefier flavor, (did I just make up a new word?) add a beef boullion cube. Cover and simmer until all of the veggies are tender.

Serve with some yummy bread.

1 comment:

  1. My breakfast is wearing off and coming to this website was a HUGE mistake!!

    My tummy wants stew!

    ReplyDelete