Saturday, February 26, 2011

Restaurant Salsa



I got this recipe from the Pioneer Woman. I have tweaked it to exactly how I like it, and I'd like to share it with you. It's awesome because you can make delicious salsa all year round. It's cheap, and it makes a LOT. Even still, we go through one whole jar every week. My husband can eat chips and salsa as a meal.

I throw it all in a blender, because I don't own a food processor. It works just as well.
This is what you need:

1 large can of whole peeled tomatoes, drained
1 can of Rotel tomatoes (whatever kind you like- hot, original, mild, or the new Mexican lime and cilantro)
1 medium onion
1 bunch of cilantro
4 cloves of garlic
1 jalapeno
1 T salt
1 T cumin
2 T lime juice
1 t sugar

I roughly chop the onion and jalapeno just to make it blend a little better. Then everything goes in the blender. I pulse it until everything is the right consistency. Mmmmmmm
Taste it and see if you need some more salt. Sometimes I need more salt or lime juice.
Store the rest of the salsa in a jar. I don't recommend putting it in a plastic container because the flavor seeps into the plastic, and sometimes leaves the plastic strong with jalapeno and onion flavor.... We saved a large applesauce jar, and that's what we use.
Enjoy! Open a bag of chips and go to town!

No comments:

Post a Comment