Friday, February 4, 2011

And I'm Back in the Game

I have neglected this blog for a year! Woah. So much has happened since I last posted. We bought a house, moved into the 'burbs, and just got busy with life.
I went through a big cooking rut, and I've finally found my way out.

I teach at a preschool, and we started doing a Crock Pot Friday (CPF). Every week, those teachers who want to participate, give me $2 or $3, and I prepare a meal in my Crock Pot for lunch. It's been really fun, and has been very well received by everyone at school. It started small. One 7qt Crock Pot and a delicious potato soup, and it's expanded! The most I've served is 18 people, including me, with 2 large Crock Pots!

So I'm going to be posting our CPF menu on Fridays on this blog. And I am challenging myself to update at least twice a week.

I've also started baking a lot. I got a bread machine LAST Christmas from my parents. And I started using it THIS Christmas (see, the blog is not the only thing that got neglected this past year, lol). I've fallen in love with baking bread. And I haven't bought sandwich bread at the grocery store since December!

Thanks for checking back! I'm excited to be back!

--jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment