Thursday, August 20, 2009

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies of All Time

I'm not kidding. These babies really are the shizzzzz. I think it's the combo of all brown sugar and a little milk. They stay soft in the middle and crunchy around the edges. The perfect cookie, in my opinion. I got this recipe, funnily enough, on the inside package of the Crisco sticks. I really prefer those to butter. They make for fluffier cookies. I've used this recipe to make a bunch of different combos: 1/2 chocolate chip, 1/2 Peanut butter chips; chocolate chip and walnuts; chocolate chip and pecans; just chocolate chip; mini chocolate chip.. you get the picture.

3/4 cup Crisco butter-flavored shortening
1 1/4 cup of packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (use the good stuff!)
1 3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Cream Crisco and sugar. I've made these with a hand mixer and a stand mixer. Either is just fine. Add egg, beat until just blended. Add the milk and the vanilla extract.
Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add slowly into the wet mix, so's not to cover your entire kitchen in flour. Mix until JUST done (don't want tough cookies... at least not in your cookie jar). Blend in chocolate and nuts.

I use an ice cream scoop to measure out the dough. 2 tablespoon size works for me. I get 16 on a cookie sheet, which makes exactly 2 batches.
Cook for about 12 miutes, or until your desired crispiness. The husband prefers them done more than I do. I like a softer cookie, and he likes 'em crunchy. Whatever you like!

See, I'm making them for you!!

All of the ingredients are mixed together. So fluffy!


You could stop right here and grab a spoon....


Please don't judge me for my cookie sheet that is a million years old. It's the only decent cookie sheet I own.


Ta-da!! Get yourself a glass of milk and go to town!


Try these bad boys out and tell me they aren't the best, easiest chocolate chip cookies ever.
This recipe is very easily doubled (or even tripled). I nested hardcore before Van was born, and in addition to the mountain of frozen meals I made, I made a triple batch of cookie dough and it froze beautifully. Shape it in a log, wrap it in plastic (wax paper would be best, but I don't ever have that)... keep it in the freezer to use when you're craving cookies. Just thaw them in the fridge and then slice and put in your mouth-er a cookie sheet and bake. Yeah, bake them.

1 comment:

  1. oh.. oh god.... I need to make those.
    *drools*

    ReplyDelete